Punching out 7 quick takes this morning:
1. Tanner still has not heard back from his interview in Florida and it’s killing him. It’s been 4 weeks and 3 days and they said we’d here back after 4 weeks, and come on people, you can’t do that to people. I’m fine. Because at least I know we’re going somewhere and that’s good enough for me, I’m not too stressed about knowing where yet. But Tanner is a very decisive man (great quality to have in a husband let me tell you) and it’s kind of like he’s being forced against his will to draw out this decision a painfully long time. We’d better hear back soon!
2. I am so tired of hearing our downstairs neighbors fight. The guy has the most obnoxious sounding voice in the world and now that I think about it, I can rarely hear her–mostly just him arguing at her. And even when he’s not fighting, just talking, his voices just carries like you wouldn’t believe. Sometimes I feel like it’s all I hear all day long, that voice, just talking, talking, talking, like I’m a crazy person with a voice in my head. (Not to mention that he sneezes like a giant and it’s loud enough to wake me up at night). Yesterday I took to banging on the floor trying to make it stop. Well. . . later, before bedtime, Camryn was dancing, which basically amounts to her jumping/stomping/marching in circles around her bedroom and insisting we join her. And that’s when the neighbors started banging on their ceiling. And I don’t even feel bad about it. Not at all. And as Tanner pointed out, it was “a perfectly reasonable time of night to be dancing.”
3. I’ve just been bookbinding my little heart away and that’s why I haven’t blogged one bit. Sorry. My entire room currently smells like a tannery from the leather I’ve been cutting. mmmmmm.
4. I got a new niece. She’s a cutie.
5. That one time we went out for a movie (which occasion we have turned from a semiannual event to something closer to quarterly and we’re pretty happy about it) and when we got to the ticket box, we realized we had absolutely no form of payment because one of Camryn’s favorite activities is to unload and reload Tanner’s wallet and it seemed that certain critical cards hadn’t been reloaded. We only need $3.50 for heaven sakes (dollar movie), ran back to the car, foraged for laundry quarters and found enough of them to do the trick. When we rushed into the theater and took one of the last remaining pairs of seats–we happened to find ourselves sitting right next to Tanner’s best friend Matt and his new fiance.
6. On Wednesday night, Elizabeth Smart was speaking at BYU and I really wanted to go. I went with my sister in law and we had both just read her book and were really looking forward to hearing her speak. Emily got there one hour and fifteen minutes before the speech was even scheduled to start because she is a Staples and has all that kind of blood running in her. I got there shortly after and the line was insane–wrapping all the way inside and outside the entire HFAC. It was in the Dejong concert hall with 1200 seats and. . . we were ten people away from getting inside. It was so disappointing. Especially because a ton of people started running around the corner last minute that hadn’t even been waiting in line and just cut in front of everybody and ran inside. Such a letdown.
7. I’ve been really overwhelmed lately at the abundance of amazing friendships in my life. Maybe that’s just what happens when you live in the same place for longer than a year without moving around all the time, but I just have so many great friends in our ward. Yoga friends, park friends, friends down the street. Old roommate friends scattered around Provo, girls night friends, internet friends, old friends. I heard somewhere recently that everyone needs old friends and new friends and I totally believe that and I feel so blessed to have so many of both.