Linking up with Jen for 7 quick takes:
1. I GOT INTO LOTOJA!!! This little email was in my inbox this morning: “CONGRATULATIONS! Your application was successful in our lottery and you have a spot in this year’s LoToJa. We hope this is exciting news for you!” I AM SO STOKED. Oh, and Tanner got in too, which means I will have my riding buddy! 🙂 On my ride a couple days ago I was thinking–I will be thrilled either way. I’ve been putting in a lot of miles lately and completely loving it. Utah is beautiful, the canyons are beautiful, I feel awesome, I love being outside so much, I would love to accomplish this thing. But at the same time I’ve realized what a time commitment it is and how hard it will be on my body (I am sooo tired all day when I do a long ride) There are a lot of things I won’t be able to do because that time will be committed to riding. So, it was nice to know my fate was in the hands of a randomized lottery. BUT–holy cow, I GET TO DO LOTOJA!! so pumped right now.
2. The little lady is walking! And oh, how my heart swells with pride and joy to watch her zombie toddling (arms outstretched) down the sidewalk.
3. What’s with all of internetland hating on mother’s day?
4. I had an epiphany last week while writing my grocery list: If the daily recommended intake of fruits and vegetables is at least 5 servings a day, and I go grocery shopping once a week (who are we kidding, I aim for that and then end up going 2-5 times a week for forgotten items/we-must-have-sugar-now-and- there’s-no-more-sugar-in-the-house runs) for 2 adults, that means that without even taking my toddler into account, I should be purchasing SEVENTY servings of fruits and veggies per grocery trip. Do the math on a family of 4, or 6 and have I blown your mind yet? Do with that information what you will.
5. I am so excited for the new Murdock Canal Trail. I had never even heard of it until yesterday (even though apparently my dad has been consumed by doing the legal work on it for the past 6 years so good thing I’m a good daughter and take an interest in my fathers work). I accidentally happened upon it during my bike ride yesterday and it is amazing!! 17 miles of pure, unadulterated, new, smooth, wide and beautiful biking trail. I’m get bored of my routes to the lake and up provo canyon, and since my rides need to start getting longer this is very very good news.
6. I promised this blog post would be short, right?
7. The more I think about quick take #1, the more I realize how disappointed I would have been if we didn’t get in. Onward!