I’m joining Jen with 7 quick takes friday
1. I think the whole point of challenging yourself to write daily is to strrrretch yourself. It’s easy to write when you have something to say, but when you just don’t is when you have to really think hard, make something out of nothing, dig deeper. And today is definitely one of those days for me, so these are going to be 7 quick quick takes.
2. Yesterday we added a 3rd toothbrush to the cup and for some reason I got super sentimental about it. Cute, right?
3. We got 3 new fish. Camryn loved seeing the birds at the pet store and I’m thinking it would be so fun to take her to the zoo! I don’t think I’ve been to the zoo since my kindergarten class field trip, I think I’m due.
4. I made my first sale in my shop to someone I don’t know! i.e. my first sale that wasn’t to a friend or sibling. Which is suuuuper crazy validating. The other validating thing is going to really successful shops and looking back at their very first sales and seeing that their first sale was 4 months after they opened their shop and the 2nd one was 3 months later. It’s probably not a good idea to build yourself up off of other peoples failures/lack of successes, but you know, sometimes it helps.
5. I’m just started this book, and also just talked to an 8-month pregnant friend who I found out is doing a home-birth, and the more I learn, the more I’m thinking that the home birth/birthing center/no epidural/hypno-birthing path is the way to go and that the rest of us are the crazies.
6. Tanner and I are planning a trip to Great Basin National Park. We kind of just want to go be in the absolute middle of nowhere. In the dessert. With just the sky and a mountain to climb. It’s supposed to be one of the best places in America for star-gazing. Doesn’t that sound nice?
7. Ok, one more. do I have one more in me? Here’s one: Tanner and I just found out that a new season of the Amazing Race started 3 weeks ago and so we’re 3 weeks behind and get to watch 3 episodes at once. Happy Friday night for us!